Title: ABSees: Vision Therapy for Little Kids
Date: Sunday, March 13th, 2022
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Bring: Bring your favorite activities for ages 0-5 and red/green glasses. Wear comfortable clothes for ease of movement. MASKS ARE REQUIRED, preferably well-fitting high-quality masks. Food: Potluck style! Bring a snack if you are able to. Nearby Food Truck park is also an option (Rayback Collective), which opens at Noon.
Course Summary: Guiding visual development with optometric vision therapy is an important tool for treating young children. The preschool age group often presents with amblyopia and strabismus, conditions that greatly impact visual performance and motor coordination. This course covers vision therapy techniques designed to decrease suppression, improve oculomotor skills, develop accurate accommodation, and improve eye alignment and sensory fusion. Learn how to modify therapy techniques for young children and how to successfully sequence vision therapy based on age and ability.
We are planning on holding the COVD Study group as planned at Boulder Valley Vision Therapy, and we will do everything that we can to make this a safe and fun event for all attendees. We ask that if you have any COVID symptoms in the 5 days prior to the event, that you please stay home, even if you are feeling well enough to attend.
- Course handout: A B Sees Outline CO Study Group 2022
- Finger Tracing: PURSUITS Finger tracing portrait jss 2022
- MFBF Owls: NEAR FAR MFBF owls 2022
- Near Far Turtle Match: Near Far Match the Turtles 2022
- Near Far Owl Coloring: Owl Near Far Coloring
- Link to Sara Lane, OD, FCOVD activities: http://www.drsarahlaneod.com/downloads.html
- Link to Red Green Toybox: http://www.redgreentoybox.com/
- Pinterest ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/drjsimonson/vision-therapy/
- Activity resources
8.Excellerations – I order from https://www.discountschoolsupply.com/
Please contact us with any questions you might have at firstname.lastname@example.org.