Course #227 “Classroom Accommodations for Students with Visual Issues”
2016 Colorado Council International Reading Association meeting in Denver, CO.
Thursday, Feb. 4th – 2:45-4:45
Course Slides:CCIRA 2016 course 227
Course Notes: 227 Course Handout CCIRA 2016
Thank you so much for your questions and participation in this course! I really enjoy helping teachers better understand the issues their students are facing and how to help them succeed in the classroom.
– Dr. Jen Simonson
WATCH THIS VIDEO: Vision at School: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyWYlbhEKxA
Reading Windows: Http: //readingwindow.org/home/chapter-5-making-reading-windows/
Vertical lines for math problems: http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/printable-lined-paper
Vision in the Classroom: http://oepf.org/product/B118
Educator’s Guide: http://oepf.org/product/B201
Where to refer?
1. The College of Optometrists in Vision Development: http://locate.covd.org/
2. Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association: https://nora.cc/
3. Optometrists Network
- Leong D, Master C, Messner L, Pang Y, Smith C, Starling A. The effect of saccadic training on early reading fluency. Clin Pediat 2014;pages 1-7 (May 1, 2014, doi:10.1177/0009922814532520 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24790022
- COVD summary of research in vision and learning http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.covd.org/resource/resmgr/Research/10a_SummaryofResearchonVisio.pdf
- Association between reading speed, cycloplegic refractive error, and oculomotor function in reading disabled children versus controls. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=quaid%2C+vision%2C+learning
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.