Please plan to come to the doctor and therapist study group (discussion type) on Sunday, April 27 at 1:00 at Hellerstein and Brenner Vision Center.
Hellerstein & Brenner Vision Center, PC
7400 East Orchard Road, Suite 175-S
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
For a copy of the study outline: /user-files/Study_Group_Outline_2014.pdf
For a link to the articles: http://www.covd.org/?page=Fellowship
Here are notes from the meeting and links to additional resources:
1. Lynn Hellerstein's compilation of scientific articles: http://lynnhellerstein.com/resources/
2. American Optometric Association Vision Rehabilitation Section: http://www.aoa.org/optometrists/membership/aoa-sections/vision-rehabilitation-section
3. Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association (NORA): http://nora.cc/
4. More information on understanding VEP (Visually evoked potential):
5. Book recommendation: The Neurology of Eye Movements by Leigh and Zee
6. Visual Midline Shift Syndrome and the Post Trauma Vision Syndrome: https://padulainstitute.com/?page_id=201
7. Sue Barry and Neuroplacticity (you can find more lectures on youtube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCCtphdXhq8
8. NSUCO oculomotor testing article: http://www.oepf.org/sites/default/files/journals/jbo-volume-3-issue-6/3-6%20Maples.pdf
9. NSUCO oculomotor testing instructions: http://learningmanagement.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/NSUCO-Oculomotor-Test-via-PUCO.pdf
10. Contrast Sensitivity (specifically vector vision: http://www.vectorvision.com/html/testsContrastSensitivity.html)
11. Appendix 1 is the Head Trauma Vision Rehabilitation Patient Survey: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.covd.org/resource/resmgr/ovd40-1/article_oculo-visualeval.pdf
Other follow-up - please feel free to share your adult post-trauma vision checklists to share with the study group. Thanks!
Dr. Jen Simonson 4/29/14
Please contact us with any questions you might have at email@example.com.