Vision and Patients with Atypical Neuro-development: Pearls of Optometry's Contribution to Solving the Puzzle
- How to perform a visual evaluation with non-neurotypical patients including considerations for office set-up and appropriate examination equipment.
- Understanding developmental considerations regardless of age.
- Developing a hierarchical framework to assess current developmental stage of non-neurotypical patients.
- Setting accurate expectations to skill level achievable in this patient population.
- Collaborating on creative ideas for use in vision therapy and what to avoid when working with this patient population.
- Assessing performance through progress evaluation (subjective and objective findings) and the therapy process.
Please contact us with any questions you might have at firstname.lastname@example.org.